Biking in Miami
With the weather getting better, it’s likely that more people will be seen out on their bicycles. In fact, Miami is on the list of top 50 cities where commuting via bike is growing the fastest! This is a good time to bring to your attention the dangers of biking near traffic and remind all of Florida to use extra caution while doing so.
According to Miami Geographic, bike crashes in Miami are steadily increasing!
- In 2010, there were 314 bicycle accidents reported.
- In 2011, there were 407 bicycle accidents reported.
- In 2012, there were 425 bicycle accidents reported.
- In 2013, there were 458 bicycle accidents reported.
The numbers speak for themselves: this is a serious issue in our city and needs to be addressed.
Below is a list of some local biking paths that you may want to stick to if you are a recreational biker. All of these are paved.
- Snake Creek Trail – A 6.5 mile route.
- Rickenbacker Trail – An 8.5 mile route.
- Commodore Trail – A 5 mile route.
- Old Cutler Trail – An 11 mile route.
With nearly 50,000 bicycle crashes happening every year, it’s time to raise awareness. Personal injury attorney Carlos Verdecia and the staff at Verdecia Law Firm urge you, your friends, and your family to all use caution while biking in Miami or anywhere else you may be.
Date: April 8, 2016